5 after school healthy snacks your kids will enjoy!
It is a misconception that Indian food is spicy and oily. Some of the Indian dishes are not only a great healthy snack but also taste yummy.
Here we are listing a few of them for you to order for your little ones when they return from school. We are also listing their ingredients, so you know what they contain.
1. Sambar Idli: The idlis are prepared with rice and urad dal (pulses). The sambar is boiled soup prepared with pulses and vegetables. Hence this dish is a wholesome and healthy snack including carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
2. Masala Papad: Papad is usually made from lentils. It is roasted and topped with tomatoes, onions, and coriander leaves.
3. Paneer Munchurian / Paneer Tikka: Paneer Manchurian or paneer tikka are both made with cottage cheese, flour, salt, a bit of chilli for taste, ginger, garlic, onions, tomato sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, spring onion and a bit of oil.
4. Peanut Masala: The peanuts can be dry roasted and then add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, and a bit of chili powder or as per your taste.
5. Egg Uthappam: Uthappam is made from rice and pulses that are fermented overnight. Unlike a dosa, uthappam is thick and fluffy. Once it is ready, it is topped with egg and cooked in a little bit of oil on medium heat.